Sunshine Blogger Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Compose a post on your blog and answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions (The new questions for my nominees are at the bottom of this post).
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog. The logo is also below.
The 11 inspiring questions asked of me are the following:
- What inspired you to start a blog? I am a creative at heart – I enjoy creating, designing, and building things. It is this creative passion that I wanted to share with others hopefully, to inspire them. I have a knack for finding a “less expensive” way to make things that I think many crafters/creatives need. I like to provide things that many other bloggers never share as well as alternative ways to make things that don’t cost a fortune. Whenever possible, I provide design files and templates for free.
- What is the story behind your blog name? It’s actually a combination of mine and my husbands “pet” names for each other. He always calls me his bumble bee and he’s my dragonfly. Since we do many projects together – we combined the two into Bumblefly.
- What do you enjoy most about blogging? I like providing other crafters, like me, low-cost options to make beautiful things for their home and free resources to use in their daily lives. I think it’s not only a means for me to share the talents God has given me but to help lift up and encourage others in their lives.
- How long have you been blogging and what is the greatest lesson you’ve learned from it so far? Not too long, just over a month now. What I’ve found is that it takes a lot more time than I originally thought and it’s necessary to find balance. Sometimes, getting the next blog post out has to take a back seat and that’s okay. This is a journey, not a job. It’s something I do for joy, to help others, so it’s okay if I get sick to rest or if my grandson wants to play cars with Grandma that I just walk away from it all to focus on him.
- Who do you lean on for support when it comes to you & your blogging (either emotionally, technically, financially, or otherwise?) I lean on my husband, a lot. But, as a woman of faith, I am constantly talking to God and asking His leadership over what I am doing. I have also joined some blogging support groups where I can ask questions, get encouragement and learn more.
- What advice would you give new bloggers? Take it one day at a time and blog about what you love. It’s okay to take a break – balance blogging with the rest of your life. Don’t forget to go outside and get some fresh air…
- Which one of your post is your favorite? Share title, link and your thinking behind it. My first post, DIY Lovely Bible Tabs. Because it was my first post and a long time in the making, it holds a special place in my heart. I kept seeing all these adorable Bible tabs but none of them really matched my Bible (or me) so I decided to make some. I searched for a tutorial but found 99% of them were just links to buy Bible tabs and the rest required some rather expensive tools. So, after thinking about it for a while, I decided to try to make my own and just love how they turned out.
- Who is your forever favorite person and why? I don’t have just one. I couldn’t do anything without God…that’s just a truth for me. My husband is my best friend and my rock – he’s the absolute best. My daughter and grandson are the light of my life – seeing the beautiful woman/mother she has become and watching this tiny little fellow grow and learn – how lucky can one person be?
- Tell us why you blog. Who is it REALLY for? I do it with the hopes that something I share, something I say, or something I make will bring a little joy into someone else’s life. With that in mind, this is for God really as I hope that whatever I do it brings Him glory.
- Do you have your blog schedule worked out in advance, or do you work on inspiration with a deadline? Right now, I’m not enforcing a schedule for myself. I have a full-time job so I don’t want to overdo it and have to make time for my family, friends and my own health. I allow myself the freedom of not having looming deadlines.
- Do you tend to listen more to your head or your heart when you write your blogs? Tell us more about that… My heart for sure. I write about things I enjoy or have enjoyed making. What I share is from my heart and with the hopes of bringing some joy/beauty to someone else’s life.
The following eleven (11) questions are for my nominees.
- What is the story behind your blog?
- What inspired your blog name?
- What is your favorite blog post & why? (Provide link)
- How long have you been blogging?
- What plans do you have for your blog?
- What advice would you give new bloggers?
- What is your favorite blog (not your own)? Why?
- Is your blog your full time job or a hobby?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- Do you have a large audience for your blog? Any advice for new bloggers on how to grow their blog audience?
- If you could change one thing or accomplish one thing with your blog, what would it be?
My Nominees:Anya Graham www.tiredmommiesclub.com
Get our latest posts by following us:
If you enjoyed this post, we would appreciate you sharing it with others. Thanks so much!