Hello again. There are so many beautiful designer paper clips/bookmarks for your Bible available today and I love them all, like the ones below:
Illustrated Faith – Designer Paper Clips – Praise or Bella Blvd Igd1779 Illustrated Faith Gratitude Documented Designer Clips 16/Pkg-
While I love all of these, I wanted to make some custom bookmarks for my Bible to highlight verses that really mean something to me and reminded me what the Holy Spirit spoke to me as a read the verse.
The first one I made was for one of my favorite verses Proverbs 18:21 “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” Of course, along with the verse, I also adore the song below by Toby Mac.
With so much power in our tongues, it’s no wonder the Bible warns us to tame it (something I admit that I do struggle with from time to time).
I knew instantly, to be a constant reminder to guard my tongue, I wanted to have a “Speak Life” bookmark. The SVG file I’ve included does not have any words on it so you can use it however you’d like but I choose to print “Speak Life” on mine. Perhaps you will do the same.
Supplies you’ll need:
- Card stock – I like using patterned stock like this: American Crafts PS-005-00529 Card Stock 12X12 Stack Eclectic Chic, 36 Sheets or American Crafts Card Stock 12″X12″ Grey Kraft and Rose Gold Premium Printed Stack. You can find a wide variety on American Crafts Card Stock 12″X12″ Grey Kraft and Rose Gold Premium Printed Stack” rel=”noopener” target=”_blank”>Amazon.com
- Glue – I love this stuff because it dries so quickly: Judikins Diamond Glaze, 2-Ounce
- Silhouette (like this one: Silhouette CAMEO 3 Wireless Cutting Machine – AutoBlade – Dual Carriage – Silhouette Studio Software) or Cricut (like this one: Cricut Explore Air 2 Machine Bundle – Heat Transfer, Vinyl Pack, Tools Pens & Designs or a pair of scissors (I recommend something like this: Forever in Time ST176 Precision-Pro Detailing Scissor, 4in, Soft-Grip).
- Pens (I like these: Sharpie Color Burst Permanent Markers, Ultra Fine Point, Assorted Colors, 24-Count) to write or draw on the bookmark. For Silhouette: Silhouette Sketch Pen Starter Kit Or Cricut: Cricut Ultimate Fine Point Pen Set, Assorted.
BumbleflyDesigns.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
- If you have a Silhouette or Cricut. Download the SVG file here: Designer Clip – Speak Life
- If you downloaded the SVG file, be sure to add text to it if you want your Silhouette or Cricut to print the text on it for you, otherwise, just the cut the file using the card stock you selected.
- If you don’t have a Silhouette or Cricut machine, you can print the files (attached here as a PDF), trace the images onto your card stock and then cut them out (you’ll want to use detailing scissors).
- Once you have the pieces cut (and printed the text, if using Silhouette or Cricut), you’ll want to glue the pieces together – this will add sturdiness to the clip.
- If you are not using a Silhouette or Cricut machine, you can write whatever phrase or verse you’d like on it to complete the designer clip/bookmark for your Bible.
I have many more of these so subscribe (in the footer) to stay up-to-date on our latest posts – I’ll be posting more of these designer clips soon. All my love to each and every one of you!
If you enjoyed this post, we would appreciate you sharing it with others. Thanks so much!